Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We the people pay for a wide variety of social programs from streets to the military. If you trust our government to handle these then why shouldn't health care be a basic service provided for the good of all? Most conservative Christians I know support the military without question. Our military has done none thing but attack and try to pit every other country against each other for our benefit.

Further more I would say paying for health care is even more important the killing people in other lands. My faith and conscience requires me to help others not kill them so as a follower of Christ I choose health care over the war in Iraq. As a Christian I choose life over death.

As a Christian I choose to see other people as not inherently evil. When Jesus met the woman at the well every one else thought she was a Samaritan, unclean, living in sin with a man not her husband. Yet Jesus saw the person and reached out to her regardless of past sin or people group she belonged to.

No comments:

Post a Comment