Thursday, September 10, 2009

Homosexuals with Guns and Tax Collectors with Pink Mohawks

I sometimes get angry at my fellow Christian because of the way they treat people and that by association my beliefs are perverted. One thing that always astounds me is the need to stop non-Christians from sinning, such as preventing homosexuals from getting married. Are they not sinners by definition? How does them getting married hurt me? When Rome and the Jews persecuted, killed and imprisoned Christians what did the founders of the church do? What did Paul do? Was he concerned about helping people and telling them about the teachings of Jesus or try to lobby for the temple prostitutes to be outlawed.

I don't have all the answers but watching the way Jesus dealt with tax collectors and prostitutes in the new testament it seems a far cry from the way modern Christians treat sinners. We need to show Gods love to them first, any sinful actions if they are sinful will be changed when the sinners heart becomes something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment