Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fedex ground is the worst company ever

I have only shipped 3 things with them and they have managed to screw up 4 times. The worst part about it is most sites the use shipper as proof of delivery. So when the drivers do things like forge signatures and you go back to the original company there is not much you can do.

Talking to customer service is like banging your head into wall, they told me I had one option. That option is that I am basically screwed.

Incident 1. They deliver 13 thousand dollars worth of company servers to a grassy in the middle of the city instead of actually bring it to our building and letting us know. It was only by luck an employee drove by and commented that there are a bunch of dell boxes siting across the street in the grass.

Incident 2. When confronted about why they delivered 13 k of equipment that required a signature they faxed us a signature that was not in cursive and had the persons name spelled wrong. Coincidentally it was spelled the same as what was written on the package. This means the driver forged the signature because he did not want to waste time.

Incident 3. We were not shipping or receiving anything, we received dell boxes. Everything from laptops to flat screen monitors addressed to another company at a different address. Which they left in our lobby which was also labeled signature required.

Incident 4. I bought a piece of equipment for home use and the company did not label what shipper they used. They shipped it via FedEx ground. I work all day so they missed me and left a note on the door (which is ironic considering they leave thousands of dollars of equipment in the wrong place but they can not leave a $20 wifi card at my door).

I call them and ask what my options are I work all day so I think I have 3 real options, pick it up, change the address to work or fax proof of identity and authorize them to leave it. They give me a different set options, drive over an hour to the FedEx center and pick it up or take a vacation day and wait at home.

Neither of these are acceptable so I ask to speak to a supervisor which she refuses to do. After saying that these options were unacceptable repeatedly they finally offered to send it back to the manufacturer so it could be shipped using a different method.

Stay far away from FedEx they need to get better customer service and train their drivers better. These incidents have taken place over 8 years so I doubt they will ever change but who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Just a follow up I called them back to confirm they sent it back to the manufacturer. They had no record that I requested that. Asked them again this time politely and I received an email notice delivery was refused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another follow up they called me back 3 days later saying the were still having trouble delivering the package. They asked to confirm my address which was actually buy.com's address. Not only did fedex fail to deliver the package they failed to return it to the sender.

    epic fail for a shipping company.

    ReplyDelete